4 & 5 -year -olds: Understanding the World
• I like to talk about my family and community.
• I can name and describe people that I have come across within my community, such as hairdressers, the police, nurses, doctors and teachers.
• I can talk about images of familiar situations that happened in the past.
• I am learning about the past and present by comparing and contrasting characters from stories.
• I can draw information from a simple map.
• I understand that some places are special to members of my community.
• I understand that people have different beliefs and celebrate special times in different ways.
• I understand that there are similarities and differences between life in this country and life in other countries.
• I enjoy exploring the the natural world.
• I can describe what I see, hear, feel when I am outdoors.
• I know that the local area I live in is different to other environments.
• I understand that the seasons change and have an effect on the natural world.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: