4 & 5 -year -olds: Physical Development
I am learning to improve my: • rolling • crawling • walking • jumping • running • skipping • hopping • climbing
I can use a range of movements with ease.
• I can respond quickly to changes of speed and direction.
• I can move with increasing control and grace.
• I have the body strength, coordination and balance to engage in future PE and physical disciplines like dancing, swimming and gymnastics.
• I can use a range of tools such as pencils for drawing and writing, paintbrushes, scissors, knives, forks and spoons.
• I have good posture when sitting at a table or sitting on the floor.
• I am confident using a range of large and small equipment safely indoors and outdoors. • I am developing confidence, precision and accuracy in throwing, catching, kicking, passing, batting and aiming balls.
• I am learning how to develop a handwriting style which is fast, accurate and efficient. At this stage, getting the process right (like ‘round-up-down’ when I write the letter ‘d’) is more important than how neat it looks.
• I am learning special skills I need to manage my day at school successfully, e.g. lining up and queuing for my school dinner.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: